The Conservative Baptist Association of America is a fellowship of some 1,100 churches across the country, 250 of which can be found in the Northeastern part of the United States. The title of "Conservative" was chosen at the founding of the Association in the 1940's because of the desire to "conserve" the fundamentals of the faith. Over the years, Conservative Baptists have characterized themselves as having a strong focus on doctrine, missions, and Bible teaching.
The fundamentals consist of:
1. The sole authority of the Bible
2. The virgin birth of Jesus
3. The physical resurrection of Jesus
4. Salvation by grace through faith alone
5. The physical return of Jesus to earth.